Why You Should Consider a Digital Transformation for Your Company in 2021
As with every new year, it’s important to formulate, plan, and set your business goals. Have you considered how revamping your software solutions could help you achieve those goals? Here are just a few of the reasons to consider a digital transformation for your business in 2021.
1. Keeping Up with Yourself. Your goals most likely include some form of growth—more customers, more accounts, more revenue, new service lines or products. The systems you currently have in place might be able to handle the business you’re doing right now, but what about when you achieve your desired growth? As your company grows, your internal processes can have a hard time keeping up. Outdated processes and systems will eventually cause issues and stall the growth you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
2. Smash Inefficiencies. It’s common for companies to use many different applications to meet all their needs. While this may seem like the fastest or most economical way at first, it can end up being unnecessarily convoluted and inefficient. A comprehensive software system can handle all of your business needs. A cloud-based system, such as NetSuite, eliminates the operational inefficiencies you’re bound to run into when working with multiple applications.
3. Smarter Data. With NetSuite, all of your data is housed in one place and can be easily accessed. A comprehensive business management system makes it easy to get a big-picture view of every aspect of your business and how each facet is working together. Accurate, real-time insights allow you to see precisely what is working and what needs attention.
4. Eliminate Overhead Costs. No more in-house servers or bulky equipment that needs to be replaced or repaired. Since NetSuite is a cloud-based system, it is housed off-site on high-performance, scalable servers. This off-premise infrastructure means no setup or installation on your business’s computing devices. NetSuite’s infrastructure provides a secure platform for all your business applications and substantially reduces your IT costs.
5. Only Keep What You Need. When working with standard software systems, you might get the functionality you need, along with lots of other bells and whistles that aren’t relevant to your business. Or your current systems might do the job, but not as well as they could. NetSuite is a comprehensive, yet versatile enterprise software package. You can tailor it to fit your exact needs, keeping what helps you succeed, and leaving anything else out.
These are a few of the countless reasons why a new and improved software system could transform your company. When you have the best possible tools to work with, you will always get better results.
Joel Patterson (www.JoelPatterson.com) is the founder of The Vested Group, a business technology consulting firm in the Dallas, Texas area, and ForbesBooks author of The Big Commitment: Solving The Mysteries Of Your ERP Implementation. He has worked in the consulting field for over 20 years. Patterson began his consulting career at Arthur Andersen and Capgemini before helping found Lucidity Consulting Group in 2001. For 15 years he specialized in implementing Tier One ERP, software systems designed to service the needs of large, complex corporations. In 2011, Patterson founded The Vested Group, which focuses on bringing comprehensive cloud-based business management solutions to start-ups and well-established businesses alike. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Baylor University.