Wanted! South Africa’s Most Exceptional Drivers for #ThankYouTrucker Competition
What makes an exceptional truck driver? Is it time-keeping and being reliable? Good behavior? Going beyond the call of duty? Excellent people skills? Outstanding driving skills? An impeccable safety record? From the variety of entries being submitted for the 2022 #ThankYouTrucker competition, it is evident that it is all of this – and more!
Launched in June, the #ThankYouTrucker competition aims to recognize and celebrate truck drivers across the country. The competition is a partnership between IVECO SA and the Road Freight Association (RFA). Entries for this year’s competition are pouring in – with fascinating, inspiring stories being shared.
Here are some of the reasons truck drivers are being nominated:
- He has been with us since the inception of the business, which is now 15 years old. He lives and breathes trucking. The love for trucking and being on the open road pumps through his veins! Never have we met an individual who would rather be on the road, than at home with his family. He is a specialist in his field!
- When he leaves South Africa, he has a truck load of food for the border runners and children along the way and always shares this. He always has friendly words of encouragement for others and a smile on his face.
- He is passionate about his occupation and we are very proud he is ours!!
- He is always on the job and always treats our customers with respect. A week ago, a lady had an accident on the N2 and he was the first person on the scene. He helped her out of her vehicle and warned oncoming traffic. A few years ago, he also helped a family who had an accident while he was on his way to make a delivery. His vehicle is always neat and he looks after his truck as if it is his own.
- He is the best and youngest driver in the firm. He’s 24 years old this year, but the maturity in his driving is exceptional. As a long distance and short distance driver, he always finishes even the hardest loads. The future is really bright for him! He’s constantly upgrading his skills and qualifications. He once said he’s going to be the first person to obtain a degree while driving trucks full time!
How to Enter
Fleet owners and managers can nominate any number of drivers they believe meet the criteria for being our top trucker. Entries close on 3 September 2022.
The winner will receive R50 000. The driver in second place will win R10 000, with the third placed driver receiving R5 000.
To enter, go to www.thankyoutrucker.co.za
About IVECO SA
As a major player in the global transport world, IVECO is an international leader in the development, manufacture, marketing and servicing of a vast range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles. IVECO also manufactures passenger transport vehicles and special vehicles for defense, civil protection and specific missions like fire-fighting. The vehicles adopt the latest engineering technologies, applied to a comprehensive range of engines running on diesel and alternative fuels. These include natural gas (CNG), bio-fuels, hybrid technologies and electric engines.
Outside of Europe, the company operates in China, Russia, Australia ,Latin America and Africa. With over 25 years of presence in South Africa, IVECO has a well established dealer network throughout the country and Southern Africa. The local product range is complemented by a range of financial and after-sales services, and used vehicle activities.
About The Road Freight Association
The Road Freight Association was established in 1975 to support its Members who are, in the main, road freight operators. It is a lobbying and negotiating body which influences the state of the industry, rates, upkeep of the road infrastructure, road safety, freight security, driver interests, cross-border transport, education, health, the fuel price, law enforcement, labor relations and many other issues related to road freight transport.
Member companies include small and medium-sized trucking companies, including many family-owned businesses, owner operators, as well as most of the largest trucking companies in South Africa. Members come from all sectors of the trucking industry.
Private and public operators are Members of the RFA. Membership also includes a significant number of affiliates and associates – those companies providing goods and services to the trucking industry.
Team RFA (made up of support staff and experts) is committed to serving you. The team brings with it a high degree of professional experience, knowledge and dedication – which greatly contributes to the effectiveness, relevance and standing of the RFA.
As the voice of the trucking industry in South Africa, the RFA is your voice. It is important that you avail yourself of that opportunity to be heard.
Understanding Vehicle Data and VIN Decoding: A Beginner’s Guide
Leave a Reply