Madison County Welcomes Amazon Web Services: Mississippi’s Largest Economic Development Project
Madison County, Mississippi, January 2024 – Madison County Economic Development Authority (MCEDA) proudly announces the monumental arrival of Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), heralding the largest economic development project in Mississippi’s history. With a staggering $10 billion planned capital investment, AWS is set to revolutionize the state’s technological landscape while generating a minimum of 1,000 new job opportunities within Madison County.
The collaboration between AWS and Madison County underscores a strategic alignment in preparing and optimizing industrial sites over the past five years. This foresight has positioned the county as an ideal hub for technological advancements, culminating in the successful landing of this transformative economic endeavor.
AWS, renowned as the world’s most comprehensive cloud service provider, will establish multiple data center campuses within two Madison County industrial parks. These state-of-the-art facilities will empower businesses across diverse sectors, including healthcare, manufacturing, automotive, financial services, public sector, and telecom, to leverage cutting-edge cloud computing solutions.
1. Governor Tate Reeves lauds Mississippi’s burgeoning business climate and readiness for technological innovation, emphasizing the state’s commitment to preparing its workforce for high-paying jobs in the technology sector.
2. MDA Executive Director Bill Cork expresses pride in facilitating the landmark $10 billion project, highlighting its significant impact on Mississippi’s economic landscape and the creation of quality employment opportunities.
3. AWS Director of Economic Development, Roger Wehner, underscores the company’s commitment to fostering talent development and educational programs in Mississippi, aiming to support the state’s growth and prosperity.
4. Haley Fisackerly, President and CEO of Entergy Mississippi, applauds Mississippi’s robust infrastructure and business-friendly environment, essential for attracting high-tech industries like AWS.
5. AccelerateMS Executive Director Ryan Miller commends Governor Reeves’ leadership in driving economic momentum and expanding opportunities for Mississippians in cutting-edge job sectors.
6. MCEDA Executive Director Joseph Deason extends a warm welcome to AWS, highlighting Madison County’s business-friendly environment and skilled workforce.
7. Gerald Steen, President of the Madison County Board of Supervisors, and Ridgeland Mayor Gene McGee express gratitude for the collaborative efforts that secured AWS’s investment, acknowledging its transformative impact on the county and state.
This historic partnership between AWS and Madison County heralds a new era of economic growth and technological advancement, positioning Mississippi as a prime destination for innovation and investment in the digital age.