Supply Chain Professionals: Boxzooka International Ecommerce & Fulfillment
Located on the east coast, Boxzooka Fulfillment and Global Ecommerce provider takes managing client requests to the next level through a one-of-a-kind tailored approach offering back office operations for online retailers, order fulfilment for both direct consumer and direct B2B wholesale order fulfilment, while providing automated, customized solutions. Through this approach, Boxzooka not only creates and maintains competitive advantage as a leader in managing the flow of goods, the company boasts an impressive volume of loyal clients who don’t have to seek outside sources to get their needs met. By taking the extra step out of the process, Boxzooka provides an all-in-one solution. The company isn’t afraid of investing more into their customer needs, as they look at the long-term impact it has on their customer base. In other words, customers always come first.
“We’ve accomplished building and maintaining a business with near 100 percent client satisfaction rate,” Founder Brendan Heegan said. “Most warehouse 3PL operations have an 80/20 rule where 80 percent of the revenue is coming from 20 percent of the clients – those are the ones that get the VIP treatment, if you will, and the other 80 percent of their clients get scattered support where some days are good, and some days are bad. They get a lot of client complaints and we don’t have that because everybody’s getting an equal amount of support and attention, just what they need and more. We don’t lose clients.”
Boasting their very own technology, the integrated game-changing capabilities built into their platforms provide customers with an unmatched global reach, eliminating the need for assistance from an outside source or 3PL. The company’s custom technology platform serves as a major differentiator among competitors and as a significant driver behind their robust customer base and retention strategy.
“We own our own technology and we developed everything in-house. Our systems are comprised of a warehouse management system that handles inventory management movements, receiving and shipping out orders. We’ve also built-in a transportation management system (TMS) – companies might use ShipStation or Stamps.com, but we have all that built in to our warehouse management system so there’s no need for a secondary system in order to perform that function,” Heegan explained. “The platform also enables retailers to open the doors to the global market with the turnkey solution that we provide. “
Beyond automation, Boxzooka fosters an environment where employees aren’t limited to one silo. By fully integrating the ins and outs of operational processes, the company fully utilizes the talents and abilities of each employee.
“We cross train everybody, all the time, on every function so that all of our people can do anything at our warehouse. They’re constantly being thrown at different things. That probably decreases our efficiency and increases internal costs a little bit, but we look at it through the perspective that if we lose a team member, then that function doesn’t break and it allows us to shift labor around, making us operationally very competitive. We have a great service because everyone can do everything in our warehouse.”
5 Ways Professionals Can Succeed As New Entrepreneurs