RF Power Amplifier Market is Poised to Register a 14.2% CAGR During 2022 – 2032
The high demand for an amplified low-power radio-frequency signal (into a high-power signal) led to the introduction of radio-frequency power amplifiers i.e. RF Power Amplifiers. The global RF power amplifier market is anticipated to grow at a 14.2 percent CAGR from 2022 to 2032, bringing in a revenue share of US$ 5,230 million.
Furthermore, increasing demand for RF Power Amplifiers, because of various applications of radio frequencies, is being witnessed across various industry verticals. So, companies have started implementing and investing more into RF Power Amplifiers. RF Power Amplifiers effectively covert low-power RF signals into high-power RF signals by driving the antennae of a transmitter.
Considerably high adoption of RF Power Amplifiers is observed in consumer electronics as the devices demand for an amplified radio frequency signal, for efficient functioning. Additionally, RF Power Amplifiers are one of the most expensive and integral components of all base stations for wireless cellular and mobile infrastructures, and with drastic developments in telecom infrastructure, need for RF Power Amplifiers is increasing.
Drivers and Challenges
- An increasing adoption of consumer electronics is witnessed globally, especially in smart phones and tablets.
- The market for consumer electronics, especially smart phones and tablets, is furthermore, expected to witness high growth during the forecast period.
- Consumer Electronics being a major application industry of RF Power Amplifiers, would, henceforth, drive the global RF Power Amplifiers market.
- Additionally, proliferating penetration of 4G technology and emergence of next generation wireless network, such as 5G, would also drive the demand and growth of RF power amplifiers market.
- High cost associated with RF Power Amplifiers act as a primary restraint for the global RF power amplifier’s market, limiting its adoption.
- In addition to this, large size and high power consumption is also a challenge, hampering the growth of RF Power Amplifiers.
Some of the key players in the RF Power Amplifier market are NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., MACOM, BONN Elektronik GmbH, OPHIR RF, Infineon Technologies AG, CML Microsystems Plc, Broadcom, Analog Devices, Inc., ETL Systems Ltd, Analogic Corporation, ETS-Lindgren and Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Emerging Trends in the RF Power Amplifier market are brought about as a result of the major players’ adoption of several growth strategies, including product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations.
- In 2021, MACOM worked together with another market leader Max-Linear Inc. to guarantee interoperability of MACOM’s 100G/path and Max-Linear’s PAM4 DSPs. A market characterization capability test of Telcordia GR-468 allowed MACOM to announce its expanded fast laser portfolio.
- In June 2018, Texas Instruments presented 3 newly developed computerized input Class-D sound enhancers that empower architects to deliver high-goal sound for brilliant home and voice-empowered applications. It includes brilliant speakers, soundbars, TVs, journals, projectors, and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications at any power level.
Fire not the only Danger with Lithium-ion Batteries