Chip Scale Package LED Industry is Expected to reach a Valuation of US$ 5.8 billion by 2032
By 2032, the market for chip scale package LEDs is expected to be worth US$ 5.8 billion. In 2022, it was US$ 1.5 billion. The global market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.9% between 2022 and 2032. A chip scale package is an integrated circuit that can be surface mounted. Its surface area is 1.2 times no more than that of the original die.
The basis for this description of chip-scale packaging is the IPC/JEDEC J-STD-012. Chip-scale packaging has been one of the most significant advancements in the electronics industry since its introduction because of its several benefits.
Numerous conventional LEDs are made by using a chip fabrication process. The component is attached to the die, such as a package LED embedded in a ceramic substrate. A packed LED references the entire process. The two most crucial elements in chip-scale LED production are the manufacturing process and costs.
Chip-scale LEDs can be produced quickly and can often skip the manufacturing process. Chip-scale LEDs are thought to be the most well-liked trend in the market for chip-scale package LEDs. To be packed, a chip must adhere to a set of standards. In this case, the scale of packaged LED chips is appropriate for the plate, and their manufacturing is straightforward.
Market penetration for these chip scales is slower than it is for traditional packed LEDs. Yet in the next ten years, there would be a lot of room for chip scale.
The chip-size package LED sector will be in great demand owing to its superior qualities and cost savings. Chip scale is crucial for applications that use backlights.
The prospect of omitting essential packaging steps at a low cost could be a constraint on the worldwide market. The packaging or bill material for the product is relatively low-cost.
- The global chip scale package LED market witnessed a CAGR of around 18.1% in the historical period.
- The North American chip scale package LED market is likely to be about 23.2% in the forecast period.
- The USA chip scale package LED market is expected to be worth US$ 780.4 million by 2032.
- Japan’s chip scale package LED market is projected to be worth US$ 1.0 billion by 2032.
- Based on the power range, the high-power segment is likely to witness a CAGR of 14.6% from 2022 to 2032.
“The main characteristics of chip scale package (CSP) LEDs are advantages over traditional LEDs. As a result, this industry draws in more end customers. Due to the product’s exceptional features, the distribution network will expand over the next 10 years. Numerous variables affect end customers buying these chip scales.” – Says a lead analyst.
There are several small- and medium-sized businesses operating in the global chip-scale package LED industry. Prominent players strive to spend on research & development projects in order to generate unique products. A few additional businesses are concentrating on releasing highly effective technologies to meet the growing demand.
- In July 2021, Osram introduced a new quantum dot LED named Osconiq E 2835 CRI 90. It will help to expand Osram’s portfolio of high-quality lighting solutions with an innovative mid-power LED.
- In March 2021, Cree, Inc.’s business unit for Cree LED Products was fully acquired, according to SMART Global Holdings, Inc. The company’s expansion and diversification plan has reached a significant turning point with the completion of its purchase of Cree LED. The company’s other specialty businesses in memory and computing complement Cree LED’s focus on specialized illumination.